At Posh, we agree with the Greats:
“To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” -Albert Einstein
“No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. -Aesop
And if the Greats lived in Bull City, we’d all have a drink after affording them a stellar hair cut (since they’re so, you know, old and wise and awesome) and head out to the streets to make a difference. We’d show them the things Durham does to better our city and our fabulous citizens. They’d take a stroll and see that we Poshers love to contribute our resources and time in order to create a better Bull City, no street, no corner, no cause left un-believed-in or un-fought-for. And maybe, just maybe, the Greats would deem it all pretty…great.
Giving back is a Posh thing to do, so if your school or organization is having a fundraiser or charity event, please stop in to grab a gift basket or gift certificate! And of course, let us know how we can help!
What Team Posh has recently been up to in Bull City:
- Team Posh participated in Durham’s Doughman race.
- We helped raise over $35,000 for SEEDS, an educational community garden that teaches respect for life, for the earth, and for each other through gardening and growing food.
- Our team has also held a “duck decorating station” in order to raise money supporting the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
- During the holiday season we set up a food drive, collecting over 500 pounds of non-perishables to fill backpacks full of food for local children to have over the weekend at home.
- Along with in salon fundraisers, Team Posh partners with the Durham branch of the Ronald Mcdonald House to provide styling services for the children and families staying in the home.
- We also support the Take Steps Be Heard” Walk for Crohns and Colitis.
- During the holiday season, we offer clients the option to purchase Redken’s Hair Care That Cares or Pureology’s Sharing Hope for a Cure kits; these packages support our fight to find a cure for breast cancer.
- We love supporting the Coaltion to Unchained Dogs‘ yearly Barktoberfest efforts.
- We proudly donate dozens of product baskets to many different kinds of silent auctions, medical efforts, and donation-based events every year.